The castle colonnade was opened in 1913. It is divided into two parts. The Upper Spring Colonnade is freely accessible to the public and shelters the Castle Upper Spring. The Lower Spring Colonnade is only open to clients of the Chateau Spa, but the Lower Chateau Spring is also brought to the Market Colonnade for the public.
CASTLE UPPER SPRING The Viennese architect Ohmann used an interesting idea of the city's Spring Office to bring a small part of the water of the Lower Castle Spring to a sump on a level a few metres higher into the pavilion. Due to the higher altitude, it has a different temperature and CO2 content. The Lower Castle Spring has a temperature of 55 °C, the Upper Castle Spring 5 °C lower.