Around 1640, three large wooden crosses, a symbol of the biblical Golgotha, were erected on the top of the Hill of the Three Crosses as an expression of the successful recatholization of the town. The concrete trough of the cable car, the foundations of the upper station and the torsos of other buildings are still preserved in the surroundings. In 2000, a wooden observation gazebo was built on the roof of the post-war concrete military observation tower in front of the Three Crosses, but it was destroyed by vandals in 2003. A new, more solid gazebo designed by Ing. arch. Ivan Štros was built in 2006.