Since the 16th century, the Hot spring, the largest and most useful healing spring in Karlovy Vary, has been covered by many buildings: a baroque building, an Empire colonnade, a cast-iron or makeshift wooden colonnade. Today it is surrounded by a building from the 1970s by architect Jan Otruba, although there are attempts to return it to the appearance of the cast iron one from 1879.
HOT SPRING The Hot spring is the symbol of the Karlovy Vary spa. This geyser produces an average of 2000 litres of mineral water per minute. Today, apart from the Chateau Spring, it is the only spring used for bathing. In the colonnade area there are four drinking stands with water of different temperatures.G