The local hill with a magnificent view overlooking the spa town was discovered for tourism by the Carlsbad cutter Václav Drumm, who together with his uncle, the chronicler August Leopold Stöhr, cleared the forest and placed two resting seats on the hill. Throughout the 19th century, contemporary guidebooks advertised this spot as the best view of the town. Hikers had to climb the steep hill on foot until the early 20th century. A cable car was built to the top of the hill in 1909. A modern electric elevator became part of the brick observation tower.